• i simply adore this one of a kind handcrafted owl costume by Mom Shinmin. seriously, so darling. hoot hoot. (be sure to bookmark mom inc. daily. it's a new site which promises darling ideas and creative projects from rad designer moms. thanks for the heads up, miss cat.)
• these owl cupcakes would round out the theme nicely. too cute for words.
• sweet pumpkin cream whoopie pies in individual origami boxes. i die.
• fancy gold and black painted pumpkins on the porch by twig & thistle. halloween made chic.
• a week of halloween traditions (i'll be stuffing them into one weekend). this list is a keeper.
• i am still thinking about these pumpkin kiss cookies since the post went up on the 14th.
• speaking of cookies, my sister-in-law's famous spider web cookies are the prize winners.
• if i had a tree in my yard (or a yard for that matter), i'd string up these trashbag ghosts!
• someday i'll be brave enough to attempt these diy gourmet caramel apples. mmm. mm.
• instead, i'll be baking / taking this ghost cake to a fun party saturday night.
• am loving this dart board idea for trunk or treat. way to get the bigger kids super excited!
• of course we'll be reading benji's favorite spooky story, In A Dark, Dark Wood by david carter.
• check this out. brittany has a genius idea for getting rid of all that sugar after halloween night!
• am super excited about november and december. this fabric fall wreath by my friend elise is definitely front door worthy. i don't know about you, but i can hardly wait to get going on christmas planning. i must confess, i listened to some holiday tunes yesterday. no, i'm not kidding. however i also performed a very amateur version of thriller with my hip hop class last night, so things have a way of balancing themselves out.
costume image via momincdaily.com