01. am relying heavily on the messy knot hairdo these days (paired with allora headbands). it's my lazy girl version of this twisty updo. was wondering how to look decent and still be cozy comfy at the hospital last week. luckily you can kinda throw this together at a stoplight with a half dozen bobby pins. p.s. did i mention that one day i ended up using a plastic fork to comb through my hair? yeah. you'd think i would have a comb in my purse. nope. monster truck stickers and smarties, yes.
02. thank you for your kind comments, your similar stories and your thoughtful words yesterday. we really appreciate the friends the internet has brought about. how blessed we feel.
03. have made a make-shift craft space on my kitchen counter. am currently waiting for letterpress prints to dry. letterpress in my own kitchen! seriously. i haven't done anything hands-on crafty for a hundred years, it seems. can't wait to tell you all about it. (a few favorite crafty spaces to dream about.)
04. am dying over these marshmallow peep and bright yellow chickie wreaths.
05. best of amy poehler on saturday night live are my kind of re-runs. in related news, i rented thoroughly modern millie from the library awhile back and made dan watch it with me. i still love the grey and yellow costumes in the tapioca scene. it was a total blast from the past. a very funny movie to be obsessed with when you are ten. i also had ferris bueller's day off memorized when i was in elementary school.
06. benji and i took a walk to see the horses in the sunshine yesterday. hello spring!
07. stunned by these exquisite papercut invitations by naomi shiek. ooh la la.
08. thinking this is fabulously sweet. especially after watching my little boy gobble up his fruit loops every day last week in the hospital. may never look at a bowl of fruit loops the same. speaking of which, toddlers eating in bed isn't always the best idea. there was a frightening crumb happy mess after a chocolate cake was served.
09. my in-laws stopped by last weekend for a lovely quick dinner. they are so great. it was a delight to see them, in the midst of our illnesses. however i found myself quickly tidying up, bleaching my white cutting boards and wiping down my microwave. am i the only one? what do you do if guests pop in?
10. we're making these tiny towel bunnies again for activity days. a simple craft that the girls love.
11. ecstatic about two new-to-me blogs: j crew blog (tons of behind the scenes fun) and think garnish (pretty packaging and tags).
12. happiest beatles birthday party ever. every darling detail was celebrated. babymania! for suzanne's one year old twins via her new blog, shepaperie designs.
twelve on the twelfth. join in.